Open Position: Office ManagerApply Now
As an Office Manager (OM), you are the first point of contact and face of the organization to our clients. The OM will also organize and coordinate office operations and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks, and will be able to work independently. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people. This position requires a high level of self-direction and the ability to manage multiple tasks, demands from stakeholders, and to think and respond quickly. Confidentiality and professionalism are a must.
Hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm.
This position reports to the executive team and the Talent Acquisition and Development Manager.
While repetitive tasks can certainly be part of what we do, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the needs of the office. The following tasks are a sampling of what is typically required on a regular basis
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Complex calendar management and scheduling.
- Act as the primary point of contact between vendors and the executives to ensure seamless communication.
- Coordinate and schedule travel and lodging; event and conference registrations, and other needs.
- Coordinate and plan events
- Ensure that guests are welcomed and engaged according to brand and company standards, and that their needs and requests are properly attended to.
- Troubleshoot and maintain office equipment (printers, copiers, appliances, etc.)
- Handle and manage facility issues that may arise.
- Organize inventory and order all office supplies; ensure least amount of waste, maximum profitability, and overall quality and satisfaction.
- Create a positive work environment for office through proactive and regular communications, activities, and management of work flow and interactions.
- Provide proofreading and quality assurance support for projects.
Skills & Experience:
- Prior administrative experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Customer service background preferred but not mandatory.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail as related to files and documentation, scheduling and office environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot a variety of technologies, including telephone systems, printers/faxes, and related office equipment.
- Deadline oriented and detail driven to ensure maximum operational efficiencies and compliance with critical timelines/schedules and third-party needs.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude to identify potential problems and opportunities, resolve issues early.
- Fast, efficient and able to handle multiple projects and demands while ensuring a positive environment and demeanor; flexible and adaptable to handle change.
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Integrity, ethical and moral behavior regarding operations, client and company confidentiality, and overall team interactions.
- Self-starter and self-manager: We are looking for someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets things done consistently on time.
- Responsive: We are committed to a high level of responsiveness both inside our business and with our customers.
- Committed to excellence: In everything we do, we want to exceed expectations, and reflect positively on the brand.
- Positive attitude: Our ideal candidate has a can-do spirit, is fun to be around, does not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- Professional appearance and demeanor: Our clients experience our brand in 3D through our team members. We strive to present ourselves in such a way as to reflect well on our brand.
- Grace and poise under pressure: In a high-growth business, things are always changing, and there are times when things get intense. We pride ourselves on being able to function at a high level even when things get busy by working together as a team and communicating effectively.
- Servant-hearted leadership: The OM must be able to run point on large projects, and communicate effectively with our team, but also have no problem jumping in and getting his/her hands dirty to reach the goal.
- Communication: The OM must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Organization: The OM needs to be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Discretion: Discretion and sensitivity regarding confidential information is a must.
- Team Work: The unity, camaraderie and culture of the team is something that’s very important to us. Therefore, we’re looking for someone who is a good fit with our other team members, and who is comfortable sharing projects and responsibilities with others.
- Anticipate Needs: As a part of our commitment to excellence, our team always strives to anticipate and serve needs in advance whenever possible. The right OM will have foresight and the ability to anticipate needs before they arise.
- Technologically Proficient: While experience with some or all of the technology platforms that we use is ideal, including Google Calendars/Email, Keynote, Microsoft Word/Excel, Project Management software etc., we are willing to train the right candidate. However, the ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is an absolute must. We also prefer someone who is an Apple computer and software user.